Giving back is an integral part of Company of Women.
Charity of Choice
Company of Women is proud to be a supporter of Opportunity International, a charity that provides micro credit loans to women in developing countries. With just a small loan of $84, a woman's life is transformed forever.
"Give Change to Make Change campaign, women are asked to
give us their change at the end of an event, so we can help women entrepreneurs in developing
countries. We have donated over $4,000 to Opportunity International.
Anne Day is also serving on the Governors' Council of Opportunity International and compiled a book - Faces of Opportunity - as a fundraiser for Opportunity International. The book shares the stories of 20 women who have built their businesses and their lives, thanks to the support of this charity. To date over $15,000 has been raised through this project.
The Chicks out Walking team raised over $35,000 for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. For two years, Anne Day and the team walked in the 60K Weekend to End Breast Cancer event.
In September, 2008 we raised $2,000 for Habitat for Humanity for their Toronto
Women Build project.
In the past, we have supported the following non-profit groups:
- Alzheimer Toronto
- Arthritis Society
- ATHENA Oakville
- Breast Cancer Support Services
- Canadian Foundation for Women's Health
- Children's Aid Foundation
- Girls Inc of Halton
- Habitat for Humanity (Canada) Inc
- Halton Women's Place
- Hospital for Sick Children Foundation
- Junior League of Burlington
- Oakville Children's Choir
- Oakville Literacy Council
- Ovarian Cancer Canada
- Salvation Army
- SKETCH program for street youth
- Tamya Peralto Fundraiser
- UNICEF – Tsunami Fund
- United Way of Milton
- Wellspring Cancer Support Centre
- Wild Life Fund
- Yonge Street Mission
- Youth in Motion
- Zonta Club of Oakville
- Company of Women has been a proud sponsor of ATHENA Oakville.
- In partnership with ATHENA Oakville, we have assisted in the purchase of tool kits to the value of $500 each to support mature women entering the skilled trades programs offered at the Centre for Skills Development and Training.
- In 2005 and 2010, we were a sponsor of Women as Career Coaches, a career exploration event for female high school student.
- We have also been pleased to support the Canadian Women's Foundation with in-kind sponsorship.