15 Reasons To Choose A Blog Over A Social Media Platform
by: Wendy Marlow
Why invest in a blog for your small business website when you can publish "free" on social media channels? Aside from the generational aspect (Baby Boomers don't want to be as connected as younger generations), being pressured by colleagues, and spending more time "socializing" than generating revenue, here are another 15 reasons:
- You own your content.
- You control what happens to your content. It will never disappear or be reorganized as
in the case of LinkedIn Company pages.
- You won't constantly be asked to upgrade, buy
advertising, or upload your contacts.
- Your information and your contacts' information will never be shared or sold.
- You and your readers won't have to look at
- You're a smaller target for hacking than Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter. Read the CNN Money article.
- Your blog complements/communicates your brand in
terms of look and feel (not a vanilla Facebook page).
- Your blog is part of your website. That means
your product/service menu is visible and readers are able to browse other pages
with one click.
- Publishing a blog helps with search engine ranking, because you're adding new content.
- Your blog has a chronological record of all your posts and reader comments.
- You can organize your blog posts into specific
- You can integrate an email marketing program with your blog and (a) push the information out to email subscribers.
- You can add title tags, descriptions, and
keywords to your blog for search engine optimization.
- Your email signature can include a subscribe to blog option that opens a form with one click.
- You won't have to remember complicated urls, log-in processes, or which social media platform to sign-in under.